Friday, February 11, 2011

Some Women Buy Shoes....


I had a book on the waiting list at the local library and got a call that it had come in. The book is I Am Hutterite, by Mary-Ann Kirkby. A friend recommended it to me because I enjoy reading memoirs, particularly of people who have had interesting spiritual experiences. Besides, the cover says that it is both 'riveting' and 'fascinating'. Those words, to me, especially coming with the recommendation of a friend I trust, are like the words '75% off sale!' in a shoe store for some other women. I cannot resist, even if I don't need another book to read.
When I went inside to get the book, I was compelled to walk down a couple of aisles just to browse. And the photo above is what happened after that - 3 mysteries, the hilarious sequel to A Girl Named Zippy, a memoir about a couple who bought a farmhouse in France, a book about a girl in China....
Clearly I have a problem.

No comments: